Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Last day of February

Oh spring come nearer! This is the last day of February.
Like always I am shifting between kitchen and desk with creativity as my companion.
Ginger & Flowersalt
Cooking is always having a photo eye on the beauty of the ingredients.

Try this one: Black bean paste
Black bean paste

150g schwarze Bohnen/ black beans
1 grosse Zwiebel/ big onion
1-2 Zehen Knofi/ cloves of garlic
Salz/salt
Pfeffer/pepper
Etwas Chili & sonstige Lieblingsgewuerze/chili and other fav herbs and spices
1 EL Ahornsirup/ 1 tbsp maple syrup
1 EL Tomatenmark/ 1 tbsp tomato purée
1 EL Olivenoel/ 1 tbsp olive oil

Soak the beans over night. Cook them with the double amount of water (=300ml). Peel and chop the onion and garlics and fry them in a pan, add the spices. Add the maple syrup and the tomato purée and let it cool down a bit.
Mix the beans and the onions and garlic in a food processor, add the oil and blend it all together.
Fill in a jar and keep it cool.
Makes a lovely bread spread and adds something special to sauces and soups.

Talking of beans and lentils. Don’t you love storing them in old jars of glass?
But what about the “best before…” dates on the package. The lovely numbers rubber stamps I have, gave me this idea:
Best before

Opportunity card

Some new journal pages, yes, I am at it again.
9 wtj the good sea smell
9 wtj good thoughts
9 wtj discover
9 wtj write carelessly

Btw: if you think, eating is a problem and you should be on a diet, watch this to understand what’s it all about.
This makes me sad and angry and although our commercials are not all that obvious, we share the same problems too!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the peek into your journal...does it feel good to be back "at it" again? I enjoy the picturesque quality of your ingredients. I love chopping up all kinds of vegetables for a dish, and admiring all of the gorgeous, fresh colors in bowls on the countertop before I toss them all into the pan! I love your idea for recording the expiration dates on your storage containers...very pratical and attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest FM.
    Jud died on Feb. 24 and then the university took my computer site away. I had it so long I did now know it was his! Could you send me the address and name of my Jan (childrens) swap She knew I might be late.
    Big hugs and thanks,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Suz, OMG, I am so sorry to hear this! Can't find a word to "say", I will not try to comfort, cause I think there is no comfort in this situation. I hope you are surrounded by friends and family and that the pain will get less harsh while time is passing.
    I am not sure, you have got the e-mail I've sent. If not, please ask again, because the adress for the January swap is in there. xo

    ReplyDelete

So glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...