Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I feel like making a cake...

Hi it's me again. Greetings from my kitchen!
Me in my kitchen
Do you remember this old B'52's-Song?
-Hey, you know what I'd really like to do?
-Say wha'?
-I feel like makin' a cake
-Ooh wah! what kind of cake do you want?
-Ooh, how about an angel cake?
-Umm, some cinnamon?
-Yeah, sure
-Sugar?
-Yeah, uh huh, I swear
-You got a pan the right size?
-A pan?
-It says in this cookbook it takes a long time to rise

So I too felt like making a cake.
I've made this one twice now and it's easy and lush (is lush the right word when it comes to cakes?) and not too sweet.
I used a recipe by Heidi Swanson, but hers was a plum cake. But I wanted an apple cake and it worked out fine. The thing is, you can use half spelt and half wheat flour here. If you want it to be 100% spelt flour, I think you have to add a bit more baking powder, because it then will get not so compact. But I'm not too sure about that.
Nice texture of an apple cake
You need:
310 g flour (half spelt/half wheat)
70 g sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
(Mix it all in a bowl)
355 ml buttermilk
the zest of 3 lemons (grated)
2 eggs
60 g melted butter (let it cool down a bit)
(add all this in a seperate bowl and stir well, then add the buttermilk mix to the flour mix and stir well again)
Put the batter in a round tart pan, peel and slice 2-3 apples and put it on top of the batter. Add almond slices if you want.
Put the whole thing in an oven at 210°C, preheated it will take 20-25 minutes.
This one is great with whipped cream, but also without.
The last one
PS It gets better every day (best on the third day), if it will last that long.

I am still doing my collages. And this one is something I like very much.
9 wtj soul and cosmos
But I also have done a few more pages.
9 wtj to be you
9 wtj sign
9 wtj o cunning love
Art often is a kind of self experience, as kids show us when they are exploring art.
Memories: Svea painting her face
This is Svea, three years old, painting her face.

2 comments:

  1. I love your collages!You have a gift to tell stories through them.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cakes! Yum! Your recipe looks good - migh try it one day - I also have a lovely (and easy) Apple cake recipe - might email it to you soon ,,, Great collage pages too. Hope you're warming up over there too. I adore your photo collages - they'd make a great card or even a book.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...